Meet Our Team
Experienced men and women, driving change in Central Oregon
- Amy is the Managing Trustee for the Tykeson Family Charitable Trust. She is also the former CEO of BendBroadband. During her 34 years in the cable industry, Amy served on the boards of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, CableLabs, C-SPAN and Oregon Cable Telecommunications Association.
- Anna Higgins has built her career within the non-profit and education landscape here in Central Oregon. Through her current role as the Director of Innovation for the High Desert Education Service District, Anna has recently launched a new organization, i4Education, which connects educators and their ideas with local entrepreneurs who help refine, prototype and scale those ideas.
- Charley is a third-generation Bendite. He graduated from Oregon State University in 1985 with degrees in both Industrial Engineering and Finance. Following graduation, he returned to Bend to help with the operation of The Miller Lumber Company, Central Oregon’s oldest family business.
- Jillian runs a business consulting and executive coaching practice out of Central Oregon, advising leaders though challenging scenarios. From aligning a team around a strategic plan to addressing deeply rooted conflict, she is known to her clients as a compassionate truth-teller.
- Jim has always been committed to serving the community. He served as Commissioner and Chair of the State of Oregon Environmental Quality Commission. In addition to being an active Rotarian, he has chaired Deschutes United Way and is a past Board Chair of Cascade Healthcare Community, the parent organization that owns St. Charles Medical Center
- In 1994 Jim moved to Bend where he continued writing while beginning a third career as a social entrepreneur. Jim also volunteers for Opportunity Knocks, consults with small businesses, and mentors and/or coaches dozens of small business owners and staff. Jim’s wife Mary is a past small business owner, and today they spend the winter months in Tucson. Jim has three sons and graduated from the University of Colorado
- Katy Brooks is the Bend Chamber of Commerce CEO. Her vision for the chamber is to catalyze an environment where businesses, their employees and the community thrive. Katy’s background in government relations enables her to understand public policies and issues in order to advocate for the businesses of Bend.
- Kirk Schueler is the President and CEO of Brooks Resources Corporation, a Bend real estate development company with a long history in central Oregon. Kirk served on the Oregon State Board of Education from 2009 until 2014, then was appointed to the newly formed Board of Trustees for Oregon State University. He also serves on the boards of Mt. Bachelor Sports Education Foundation and The Bend Foundation.
- Linda is founder of Dirty Freehub (www.dirtyfreehub.com) which provides curated gravel bicycle routes (over 75 rides in the Western US). Linda is also on the Board of Directors for Family Kitchen, an organization that provides free meals to the food insecure in Central Oregon. And on the Advisory Board for Guardian Group which fights human trafficking in the US.
- Neil retired after 45 years of practicing law in Bend, Oregon. His practice areas included business, real estate, water, estate planning, tax, and labor management. Neil has represented a wide variety of individuals, businesses, and institutions, including the Bend La-Pine School District and Bend Parks and Recreation District.
- Preston’s a renaissance man with a broad knowledge of management, business development and technology. His superpower is translating business needs into real-world solutions and is the “go-to” guy to get things done. Preston devotes a great deal of energy into civic initiatives focused on innovation, education and economic development.
- Rita Hansen has more than 35 years of executive management, engineering and operations management, and project management experience in a diverse range of industries including steel manufacturing, building products and electronic components manufacturing, distribution and warehousing, telecommunications and software development
- Rod has always been committed to serving Central Oregon. He has Chaired the County Mental Health Advisory Board, was a long-time Board Member and past Chair of Volunteers in Medicine, and is currently a Board Member and Treasurer of Mosaic Medical—these organizations provide high-quality medical care to the underserved in Central Oregon.
- S.J. is an entrepreneur and executive with a diverse career spanning several sectors including software technology, medical/health care diagnostics/treatment and consumer products. Several of the companies that he currently works with on the board or advisory board include Esri, Inc., the University of Utah, Humm Kombucha Europe, NewTech Holdings, S-Group Sweden, and several others.
- Teri Hockett has spent much of her career recruiting for tech, helping companies find talent and helping talented people find job opportunities. Now she’s using her experience and expertise to strengthen Bend’s tech community.
- Tom's medical career was in Bend; he was a practicing surgeon as well as the managing partner of The Center for Musculoskeletal Care and Research. He also served as a consulting Orthopedic Surgeon for the U.S. Olympic Team, U.S. Ski and Hockey Teams as well as coordinating medical services for Physiotherapy Associates on the PGA, LPGA and Champions Golf Tours.
- Tia is a senior executive that has applied her plus fifteen year Consumer Packaged Goods customer insights led go to market strategy experience to the healthcare industry. This purview has allowed her to lead teams to create growth in the traditionally conservative and not customer-centric healthcare industry.
- Tim was the Limited Chairman and C.E.O. of Tristate Holdings, he currently lives in Tumalo and custom farms 500 acres of premium grass hay. His philanthropic activities include the High Desert Museum, Central Oregon Community College and Portland State University.